The SnapBar is a photo experience company that serves clients nationwide and creates world-class photo experiences and photo booth products. We blend the worlds of photos, marketing, and fun to deliver experiences that people love to share.
To support this, The SnapBar needs a creative, meticulous, and efficient individual to step into the role of Junior Graphic Designer. This role’s primary goal is to support our Creative Team by consistently—and quickly at times—creating event-related content.
Your primary responsibility and area of focus will be in event-related design, both print and digital. Examples include print templates, backdrops, and Selfie Stand wraps. That being said, the scope of design at The SnapBar reaches far beyond those three categories and will likely touch on every type of design.
In our opinion, the ideal candidate for this role will be a good student of design strategies and systems, a persistent and focused team member, and a responsible manager of their time and workload.
The Junior Graphic Designer will contribute to the mission of The SnapBar by working hard, at every point in the design process, to please and even impress our clients and guests so that we are able to serve them well, and in turn serve others they recommend us to. A successful Junior Graphic Designer will ask themselves regular questions like “how can my design contribute to the mission of The SnapBar?” and “how can we attract more people to the idea of working with The SnapBar through the way this looks?”.
The ultimate goal of this role, as with others’ roles, is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its long-term objectives and growth goals. For this position, that means working directly with the other members of the Creative Team to create the best design possible.
*note: this position requires an onsite presence at our Gig Harbor office.
• Develop and improve The SnapBar’s design style, including its system of efficiency and speed.
• Work with a complex design process involving multiple teams with high levels of prioritization.
• Learn more about design as a whole, including the improvement of your design abilities and efficiency with different design programs.
• Help identify any company inefficiencies as related to the overall design process and develop ideas for how to improve those systems and take better care of our clients in the process.
• Commit to growing personally by delving into leadership studies, team-building exercises, and reading that relates to design, marketing and ideation.
• Online portfolio required.
• Possess and demonstrate a strong, clean visual design sense.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Must have a strong work ethic with a positive can-do attitude, and be unafraid in the face of new challenges, tight timelines, or curve balls.
• Ability to troubleshoot—be solution-oriented, and an independent problem solver.
• Able to handle constructive feedback.
• Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Possess a thorough understanding of fundamental disciplines and principles of design, such as typography, color, hierarchy, and composition.
• Understanding of Print and Digital graphics production processes.
• Display consistency in skills, quality of work, and reliability of deliverables regardless of project size or point of origin.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to process large amounts of data for design projects.
• Experience in video and motion graphics is a plus.
• Health Care Plan.
• Retirement Plan (401k).
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Days & Paid Holidays).
• Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity).
• Training & Development.
• Opportunity for Advancement.
• Kitchen stocked with snacks.
• Regular catered lunches.
The SnapBar is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other prohibited category.