Snapbar is a rapidly-growing company that creates visual experiences to help planners, producers and marketers create better engagement at events. We create software, hardware, and more.
In 2019 Snapbar made the Inc. 500 list and have had the privilege of working at events like CES, Coachella, and SXSW with clients including Google, Nike, Disney, Facebook, MasterCard, and many others.
We have an incredible team, a fun culture, and we work (hybrid remote) from the beautiful, quiet town of Gig Harbor, WA even though we service clients globally.
This past year has been full of innovation as we've transformed the company from primarily a photo booth logistics and hardware supplier into a software company with multiple virtual event and remote work focused products. It is a very exciting time to join Snapbar and take true ownership of building and scaling software products that service a remote-first world. We take great pride in helping craft a fun experience, and facilitate human connection virtually. Especially during these trying times.
You would be joining an agile, fast-paced 20-person team with just a handful of people between the Engineering and Design teams. Although we move quickly and are constantly innovating, we are deeply committed to an environment where people thrive, through many things including a strong culture, truly prioritizing mentorship and professional growth, along with a healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer with 5+ years of professional full-stack experience who thrives in an early stage startup environment. You would work directly with our Director of Engineering, Design Team and PM/Co-Founder to build and maintain new features and products. We're looking for a self-starter who wants to own and lead end-to-end software projects.
You Are A Good Fit If:
• You love building new features and even new products from the ground up. Thinking through the technical architecture, UX, business needs, and end-to-end development. From implementing UI designs to building REST APIs, and writing database migrations.
• You thrive in a startup environment where you get true ownership of a product, or core features. You're excited to constantly be learning and will do what it takes to find the answers, whether that's on Stack Overflow, reading React documentation or talking to a colleague. You're a quick learner.
• You love to work hard (and smart) and challenge yourself, but also enjoy a tight knit community. You're very curious and are excited to learn and grow a ton as you help lay the foundation for future products and teams.
• You leave code better than you found it.
You Are Not A Good Fit If:
• You are deeply specialized in one very specific area, and do not want to develop end-to-end, as a "T-shaped" generalist.
• You desire lots of structure and a crystal clear roadmap. We strive for as much clarity as possible, and follow a strong Scrum process, but the dynamics in a startup lead to great company and career opportunity, but require agility.
• You don't like talking to people, or occasionally teaching non-technical team members about the specifics of our platform.
• Work with our PM and Design Team to flesh out UI/UX mockups, and develop user interfaces that communicate with various APIs.
• Assess and debug errors and anomalies with a variety of development tools.
• Design and architect efficient solutions for product features and updates.
• Collaborate with other team members through code and architecture reviews.
• Write effective automated unit and integration tests, covering the ways a feature/system should and should not function.
• Assist support team with technical support issues.
• Have an intuition for building elegant user experiences, and a detailed eye for implementing UI designs.
• Write, maintain, and document developer APIs.
• 5+ years of professional development process experience (using source control, code reviews, architecture reviews, Scrum, etc.)
• 4+ years of implementing UIs (CSS/Sass/HTML5).
• 4+ years of React professional experience.
• 4+ years of Python, Ruby or Node professional experience (we're primarily a Python/Django/React shop).
• Proficient understanding of user experience (UX) and design principles
• Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Understanding of security principles (e.g. 2FA, encryption protocols).
• Regular presence at our Gig Harbor office with part-time remote work.
• A friendly, motivated personality.
• Strong communication skills — written and verbal.
• Ability to flourish in a high-growth, ever-changing environment — navigate easily through the change and ambiguity of a startup.
• Fluent English speaker.
• HTML 5 / CSS (Sass).
• REST API and SQL principles.
• Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and/or Netlify.
• Native browser APIs (WebRTC).
• CI/CD / automated testing (unit and integration).
• Chrome and developer tools.
• Webpack, Gulp, ESLint.
• Static website generators (Jekyll).
• Degree in computer science or related field.
• Deep WebRTC or client-side image processing experience.
• Deep REST/OpenAPI development experience.
• Experience implementing OAuth 2.0 (implementing 1st party auth servers, and with 3rd party services).
• Experience with scalable microservice architecture or serverless functions.
• Dev Ops passion/experience.
• Experience working with the Netlify (or another static edge CDN + serverless function platform).
• Intuition for modern UI design.
• Customer service or customer support experience.
• DevOps and microservices-based infrastructure (Cloud66, Netlify, Google Cloud Platform).
• Mentorship & development.
• Amazing community and culture.
• Flexible hybrid remote schedule.
• Retirement plan (401k) with 4% employer match.
• Health care plan.
• Paid time off (vacation, sick days & paid holidays).
• Family leave (maternity, paternity).
• Opportunity for advancement.
• Kitchen stocked with snacks.
• Regular catered lunches.
Snapbar is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other prohibited category.