Mar 08, 2016
What a year! We had a blast with so many people and to commemorate it all, here's a quick look-back at all the mischief The SnapBar team got up to in 2015.
The SnapBar started 2015 as a team of 2. Sam and Joe (the founders) were the only ones running the business and working all events. They each had jobs and The SnapBar was a weekend 'side-business'. But by the end of 2015, the team was 9 strong, Sam and Joe quit their jobs, left for a 7-week summer vacation to Europe, and upon their return started working full-time along with their operations manager Michael.
The SnapBar was found (and loved) at 200+ events in Seattle, with 25% of those events happening in December 2015 alone. Guests took an astounding 40,000+ photos which were viewed online over 4 million times. It was the year The SnapBar watched over Seattle, evidenced by the photo below, making sure hundreds of parties, weddings, and corporate events were saved from boredom and photo-booth-less-ness!
SOME AMAZING PLANNERS:
Last year was a year of relationship building with some incredible wedding and event planners. In particular, we worked multiple events with, and got to know, these awesome people:
- Holly, Bridget and Danae of Perfectly Posh Events
- Rebecca of New Creations Wedding Design & Coordination
- Krista of Wishes!
- Alyssa of Alyssa Hoffman Events
- Lynn and Chelsea of Proper Planning
These people are absolutely fantastic planners and coordinators. We recommend them highly and we're lucky to have events planned with most of them already in 2016.
SOME INCREDIBLE VENUES:
Some venues are a cut above the rest because of how helpful they are to vendors, how beautiful and unique their space is, and how the venue itself facilitates the best parties and celebrations. Here's a list of our favorites from last year:
- Sole Repair Shop – This venue is relatively small, but the location, layout, staff, and atmosphere make it one of our all-time favorites, and a favorite that we work at almost every month!
- Skansonia – Weddings are the most popular type of event (in our experience) on this retired ferry which is permanently docked on North Lake Union. The venue is intriguing, the views of Seattle are breathtaking, and the staff is super helpful and friendly.
- Axis Pioneer Square – With vaulted ceilings, tons of brick, pre-installed flashes for event photographers, and impeccable design aesthetic, Axis is one of those places you feel cooler just walking into.
- Within Sodo – This space is incredible. It's beautiful, open, with a very clean, minimal look. It has multiple rooms and a roof level and a beautiful white brick wall that makes an EXCELLENT photo booth backdrop.
- Sodo Park – Huge rooms, exposed brick, lots of parking, private garden/outdoor area, beautiful chandeliers. Those are just a few of Sodo Park's bragging rights. The SnapBar has shot against the incredible brick walls there at almost every event.
- Westland Distillery – Aside from being an awesome place to meet friends and sip on whiskey, Westland moonlights as an awesome event space, with beautiful decor, an incredible barrel room for ceremony's and dinners, and lots of good booze to boot.
THE BEST SNAPS:
Among the hundreds of events and thousands of photos, there were a few special moments that stuck out as especially awesome. Below are a few of our best snaps from last year:
Star Wars costumes were on point at this holiday party!
We were the place to be at 43 holiday parties in the first 20 days of December!
Open format photo booths are not only fun, but they're fun for MORE people.
Custom, winter-themed photo booth backdrops are always a hit at holiday parties.
Party animals in the photo booth. Literally!
Pretend (and real) kissing in the photo booth happens fairly often.
Hanging out at Axis Pioneer Square, shooting against brick, which is another favorite. Axis is THE place to throw an event.
At one of REI's events with a bunch of ski fanatics is our element!
Oktoberfest in full swing with a plywood backdrop!
An awesome couple – and wedding – at Sodo Park, one of our favorite venues.
Nordstrom hired us for a 3D 'step-in' photo booth at a fashion event.
Wood walls makes the BEST backdrops!
NARS Mega Event at Nordstrom.
MANY WONDERFUL CLIENTS:
One of the best parts of being a photo booth company is meeting and working with many incredible clients. Aside from the hundreds of beautiful couples we get to work with during our photo booth's 'wedding season', we've had the privilege of working with many of the largest, most reputable, and most cutting edge companies (large and small) in the greater Seattle area.
Here are just a few of the awesome clients we got to work with in 2015: